Monday, October 23, 2006

Close, but no cigar

For months I've been trying to get a photograph of a jet, or any kind of plane, passing in front of the moon. I know it's been done before: check out this photo.

My best attempt so far was a near miss in August. I used a Digital Rebel and shot through my 100mm Orion refractor telescope.



I was too early and then too late. I've tried again since then, but have not seen an aircraft cross the moon. Maybe I should shoot near an airport instead of in front of my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you seem incredibly lucky to have caught as much of the plane as you did, this will be an awesome piece when u fianlly catch it right!!

Elizabeth said...

Look for an airplane by an airport, instead of in our front yard? Where's the challenge in that?

-Elizabeth B.

Post a Comment