Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Another work in progress

We have lots of squirrels around our house in Middletown, N.Y. Every once in a while I see one jumping from our fence to the roof of our garage. My idea, as a photographer who loves to shoot sports, was to get a peak action shot of the animal in the air.

Unfortunately, as soon as the squirrel would see me, it would take flight before I could take the photograph. I even tried set up in the yard and then have one of my children go around the house and herd the squirrel in the right direction.

This photo is close, but not exactly what I was looking for. It's a cropped version of a horizontal photo.



The moral of this story: if you see something interesting but don't get the photo, just be patient. Wait for the moment to happen again.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Patience, indeed. This shot has been, literally, years in the making. I'm a witness. It's been worth it, though, just to watch the dedication of a serious photojournalist hunting his elusive... prey.

-Elizabeth Bushey

Post a Comment